Sunday, October 28, 2012

It was my pleasure

Having worked as an intern for a political campaign office during the 2008 primary election, I greatly appreciate anyone who is willing to do the work of a organizing or volunteering. So this week I was startled when a knock came to my door.

I've had a few knocks and am always courteous. Despite the candidate you are committed to, if you are willing to give your time to canvas(door knock) I will give you a few seconds of my time. Especially being a member of this community/region for just over a year, local candidates are greatly unknown to me.

This gentleman was a little nervous when we opened the door; as he started through the script, a huge smile spread across my face and his eyes lit up. I had to stop him. I said "thank you so much for what you do, you can stop reading the script. I early voted for everyone on your list" and with great pride he could mark us down as check marks in all the boxes.

When you feel like you are loosing the battle for what you believe, it only takes one person to remind you hat you are not alone and it is all worth it. To any grassroots organizers and volunteers, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment